Intern with 1847 Philanthropic!
1847 Philanthropic is a women-owned, small-minority business and development-consulting firm that is known for its innovative cross-sector strategic development planning and resource mobilization. Established in 2014, 1847 Philanthropic specializes in diversifying donor-based funding strategies that support the continuing growth and strength of organizations.
During the internship, the student will be exposed to aspects of international development through interaction with a variety of nonprofit, corporate and foundation contacts, which include some of the world’s leading humanitarian organizations. During this internship, the intern will participate in integrated team meetings internally and select external client meetings.
Deliverable management and research, which may include activities such as:
- Prospect research for fundraising
- Producing benchmarking reports for corporate and nonprofit clients using a variety of databases
- Drafting client workshop materials, including presentations and activities as it relates to strategic planning and brand development
- Drafting client surveys, emails, and communications
- Editing documents to be delivered to clients
Business development support:
- Provide research on key issues related to corporate social responsibility, nonprofits, foundations and industry events and news
- Provide background research for a variety of internal projects
- Support projects that enhance the capabilities of 1847 Philanthropic.
- Ensure internal client management databases and files are up to date
- Student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, currently completing junior, or senior year, or a first year Master’s student
- Interest in working in the areas of international development, not-for-profit organizations with a global perspective or corporate social responsibility
- Interest in fundraising for international causes
- Prior internship or professional experience relating to client management/fundraising preferred
- Academic or professional experience highly involved in research and writing
- Excellent writing and presentation skills required
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently with little supervision
- Ability to successfully handle multiple assignments
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook preferred
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org